Castaway Island, Fiji, owned and operated by Outrigger Resorts, provides a unique South Pacific island experience – a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life’s simple pleasures. Fiji’s most popular 4 Star private island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that has been “Castaway” for more than 54 years. The island’s 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. This beautiful private island retreat is a place for romantic couples with or without children. Castaway is the heart and soul of the Fiji Islands, exemplifying the warmth and genuine hospitality of her Fijian family of staff.
Castaway is reminiscent of a traditional Fijian village, nestled amongst lush tropical gardens with individual thatched roofed “bure” accommodation. Traditional high vaulted, hand painted “tapa” lined ceilings enhance the Fijian experience. Island, Ocean View or Beach bures each feature one king size bed and most include two additional single beds in their configuration, with those bures comfortably sleeping up to four persons. The Family Beach bure sleeps up to ten persons. All bures are spacious, air-conditioned, feature quality inclusions and have a welcoming island ambience.
Four dining venues provide delicious menu alternatives suited to the tropical environment, including all day a la carte dining at the Water’s Edge restaurant, gourmet wood fired pizzas in the Sundowner bar, Asian inspired selections at the Nuku Marau Bar & Grill and the award winning 1808 Restaurant serving a Chinese, Indian and Fijian fusion menu. At night a canopy of stars, a balmy breeze, moonlit ocean and the melodies of the “Castaway Islanders” provide a perfect accompaniment to outstanding Pacific island cuisine.
Castaway offers water sports for everyone and every age; snorkelling the island’s spectacular fringing coral reefs, windsurfing, parasailing, paddle boarding, catamaran sailing or water skiing on the crystal clear lagoon. Island hop by speed boat with a champagne picnic, take a dolphin safari, play tennis on a champion ship sized court, swim in a choice of two freshwater pool environments or simply relax in a hammock under the swaying palms.
Explore over 30 outstanding recreational dive sites within 20 minutes of the resort on board the 400hp “Sokia” with Castaway Diving an award winning, PADI accredited Five Star Gold Palm dive facility. Qualified instructors and dive masters offer a selection of dive courses and exhilarating dive options.
Castaway Island, Fiji – everything you come to Fiji to find.
- Air conditioning
- Outdoor patio
- Inroom safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Blackout curtains
- Vanity table
- Tea & Coffee making facilities
- Beverage fridge
- Bathroom amenities; shampoo, body lotion, beach and pool towels
- Private Island
- Free wi-fi
- 4 Restaurants
- 4 Bars
- 2 Swimming pools
- Watersports Office
- Fijian Cultural Village
- Tennis Court
- Kids Club
- Day Spa
- Medical Centre
- Staff welcome & farewell with song
- Welcome Tropical punch
- The Resort Fijian Village cultural setup that includes Fijian culinary workshop & hula skirt making (Wednesday only)
- Complimentary use of snorkeling equipment throughout the stay
- Complimentary use of all non-motorized water sports equipment including catamarans, kayaks, windsurfers, glass bottom boat and stand up paddleboards (includes lessons)
- Complimentary Guided Sunset Kayaking
- Complimentary Guided Island Walk either around the Island or Bush Walk
- Complimentary Kids Club (3 – 12yrs) from 9am till 10pm daily
- Complimentary Sunset Renewal of Vows ceremony (every Tuesday & Sunday)
- Complimentary daily activity programs
- Invitation to our weekly Wednesday Management cocktail party including staff Meke (Fijian Dance) performance
- Motorised activities include Water ski’s, Wakeboards, Kneeboards,Double Trouble, Donuts, Banana Boat Ride, Jet Skiing, Parasailing
- Outter Reef Snorkelling
- Night Snorkelling
- Day Trips include Dolphin Safari, Speedboat Island Hopping, Modriki Island, Game Fishing Charters, Cloud 9, Malamala Island & Sunset Cruises
- Inhouse 5 star golden palm dive facility offering beginners to masters certificates
- Families & Honeymooners
5 star rating – 1 week ago
THis resort Perfect mix between exclusive and rustic. Great for young families. The staff here is amazing, beautiful genuine living people. Food options are great. Close to world class surf breaks. Beautiful snorkeling.
5 star rating – 6 weeks ago
Fantastic resort. Beware it is more family/couple oriented. The bure’s are gorgeous. The service is unmatched. The staff are extremely friendly and outgoing. We were lucky enough to participate in a kava ceremony in the staff quarters. The food and amenities are amazing. The managers mingle with the guests and always want to know that you are doing well. You definitely get what you pay for here. Bravo! -Waka boys
5 stars – 7 weeks ago
Wonderful, magical family holiday destination. Beautiful people in a beautiful location